When we say “Personal Information” in this Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Personal Information does not include information that is aggregated or information that cannot be reasonably linked to you.
I. How we collect, use, and share Personal Information
|Categories of Personal Information we collect may include:||Examples of how Personal Information is used include:||Parties with whom each category of Personal Information may be shared include:|
II. Sources of Personal Information
We receive Personal Information from the information that you and others provide, from your device(s), and from our partners. The categories of sources from which we’ve collected or received Personal Information include:
- You: We collect the information you provide us when you sign up for our Services or use our Services, such as when you provide your email address for notifications, you create a dashboard, or you follow certain topics on our Services.
- Other people: We may also receive information others provide about you, like when others share your name or email for notifications or your employer provides information to sign you up for our Services.
- Your device(s): We collect information from and about the devices you use that integrate with our Services, and we combine this information across different devices you use.
- Meta Companies: We may receive information from other Meta Companies (which include WhatsApp and Oculus) for business purposes that help us provide you with an innovative, relevant, consistent, and safe experience across all Meta Company Products you use. We also process information about you across the Meta Companies for these purposes, as permitted by applicable law, and in accordance with their terms and policies.
- Partners: Third Party partners (such as Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter) can be integrated with our Service to share information with us. For example, when you log into our Services using your account on another services (such as Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter), you allow us to collect information from that partner related to that account.
III. How can you exercise your rights provided under the CCPA?
Under the CCPA, you have the following rights:
- Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose to you the Personal Information we collect, use, or disclose, and information about our data practices;
- Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information that we have collected from you;
- Right to Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
To exercise your “right to know” or your “right to request deletion,” click here.
Please note that to protect your information and the integrity of our Services, we may need to verify your identity before processing your request. In some cases we may need to collect additional information to verify your identity, such as a government issued ID.
Under the CCPA, you may exercise these rights yourself or you may designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. In most cases, we will facilitate your request through automated tools available through your password-protected account.
For information on the CCPA requests we have received, please see here.
IV. Contact for more information.
If you have additional questions about this Notice or how to exercise your rights under the CCPA, please contact us.