Information We Collect
CrowdTangle collects or receives information when people use our Services, such as:
- Information you or others provide. We collect the content and other information you or others provide when you use our Services, such as account information your employer provides, information you provide when you create an account or log into our Services, and information about how you use or otherwise interact with the Services. In the event your use of our Services includes purchases or financial transactions, such as subscription payments, we will collect information about the payment or transaction.
- Device information. We collect information from or about the devices you use to access our Services, such as the operating system, browser, device identifiers, device settings, and other information that you permit our Services to access from your device.
- Third party partners and integrations. We may receive information about you from third-party partners, which we may combine with the other information we have. For example, when you log into our Services using your account on another service (e.g. Facebook) you permit us to connect to the account and access or collect information related to that account. Such information may include your name and other personal information associated with your other account. Our Services may contain links to and from third party services. If you follow such links to any of these services, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies.
- Facebook companies. We may receive information about you from other companies that are also owned or operated by Facebook, in accordance with their terms and policies. Learn more about these companies and their privacy policies.
How We Use Information We Have
We use all of the information we have to:
- Provide, improve and develop Services. We use the information we have to provide, evaluate and improve our Services, to understand how our and other Services are used, to develop new products or features, and to conduct audits and troubleshooting activities. We also use the information we have to deliver personalized reports and information for you and others, test features in development, and analyze the information we have.
- Communicate with you. We use the information we have, including your contact information, to communicate with you about your account and our Services, to send you marketing communications that we think you may be interested in, and to otherwise let you know about our products, services, policies and terms. We also use the information we have to respond to you when you contact us.
- Promote safety and security. We use information we have to promote safety and security on our Services and to investigate use of our Services, including any suspicious activity or possible violations of our terms and policies.
How Information is Shared
We may share the information we have in the following circumstances, or in other circumstances with your permission.
- Service providers. We may share the information we collect with vendors, service providers, researchers and other partners, who work at our direction to support the Services (such as hosting our Services, fulfilling orders, analyzing the way people use our Services, providing customer service, or sending electronic communications for us).
- Shared Dashboards. When you access any shared dashboard, you enable other people that access the dashboard to see your name, email address or other contact information associated with your account.
- Sharing within Facebook Companies. We may share information within the family of related companies that are legally part of the same group of companies that CrowdTangle is part of, or that become part of that group, such as Facebook. You can learn more about these companies here. Facebook and the other companies in the Facebook family may use information from us to improve your experiences within their services and the shared services of the Facebook family, and to communicate with you to provide information regarding products or services you may be interested in.
- Other parties in connection with certain business transactions. In the event the ownership of CrowdTangle (or any portion of our assets) changes as a result of a merger, acquisition, or in the event of a bankruptcy, information we have, including information from or about you, may be transferred to another acquiring company.
Responding to Legal Requests and Preventing Harm
We may access, preserve and share information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud or other illegal activity; to protect our Services, you and others, including as part of investigations; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you, including financial transaction data related to purchases made on or through our Services, may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also may retain information from accounts disabled for violations of our terms for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other violations of our terms.
Access and deletion
We store information for as long as it is necessary to provide our Services. If you would like information about how to access or delete information associated with your account, you can contact us at privacyCT@fb.com.
International Data Transfers